One of LittleChamp's favorite memories of NFL Sundays growing up, was hearing the voice of Brent Musberger welcome viewers with his trademark "You are looking liiiiiive at (insert NFL stadium here)." Besides one of the greatest sports theme songs of all time, 1980's NFL Today featured the ramblings of Irv Cross and Idiot Hall of Famer Jimmy The Greek.
One of my favorite segments involved the NFL Top 10, in which they ranked their top college football teams. The 10-spot was always a "wildcard" reserved for someone or something totally unrelated to the rest of the poll. So, in full disclosure, this idiot is "borrowing" this concept and will be presenting his weekly Top 10 in college football.
Unlike other polls, I actually watch a week of the season before releasing my rankings. However, I'm only polling myself, so expect biases to be fully evident in my rankings. So without further ado:
September 6, 2007
1. USC- I know, really going out on a limb here
2. WEST VIRGINIA- You tell those fans that LSU should be ranked higher, just hide your couch first
3. LSU- Big showdown this week w/ an Enemy of the Idiots. Bonus points for one of the greatest venues for tailgating in all of the Western Hemisphere.
4. Florida- Teebow time.
5. Wisconsin- how cool is the Jump Around in Madison?
6. Texas- when you are born "Colt McCoy" you're destined to play for the horns.
7. Louisville- absolutely no Big East bias in this poll.
8. Oklahoma- Great 80's matchup this weekend w/ the Canes. Bring back the Boz and Michael Irvin.
9. California- those yellow uni's are horrible. Big win at home vs. the Rocky Tops.
10. Alex Rodriguez- Two homers in one inning. Deal with it people, he's the best in the game.Champ's pick of the week: lay the points and take Iowa.