Week 6 of the NFL season is in the books, so we bring you another week of the LVP watch here at T3I. Just to clarify, the goal is to identify the player in the NFL who's performance week in and week out truly kills his team, otherwise I could just list the 53rd guy on the worst 5 teams and be done with it. Come to think of it, if I get lazy later in the season I just may do just that, until then, it's time to look at this week's outstandingly bad players.
1. Chad Pennington - Quarterback, NY Jets. As an Eagles fan, I think I was one of only a handful of people to watch the entire Eagles-Jets game on Sunday (a crap-fest filled with missed field goals and stalled drives) and I can tell you this - Chad is cooked. That chicken wing he has for an arm is shot, at this point Drave Dravecky could get it farther down field (yes, I went there, google him if you don't know what I'm talking about). For some actual facts to back up my contention, he has a 51.5 passer rating over the past two weeks, along with two touchdowns drives in 22 possessions - and the Jets haven't scored an offensive TD in 6 quarters. Get your Kellen Clemens jerseys now people.
2. Shaun Alexander - Running back, Seattle Seahawks. Before Sunday's game he was running like such a pussy that his coach had to defend his running style, then he went out and racked up 35 yards against a winless Saints team that has been terrible all year. This year he's averaging 3.6 yards per carry, and in the last 2 weeks he has 25 carries for 60 yards - way to come through for your team Shaun.
3. Alex Barron - LT, St. Louis Rams. I'm not going to lie, I don't watch St. Louis Rams games (who does) but I know this, Orlando Pace gets injured in the first game of the year and this guy is his replacement - what happens next? The Rams lose all 6 games of the year, Marc Bulger and Gus Frerotte take beatings so bad that Scott Linehan decided to send a receiver in to play QB and take a knee at the end of the game Sunday rather than subject either man to more abuse at the hands of this horrific offensive line. That says it all to me.
4. Fernando Bryant/Stanley Wilson - starting cornerbacks, Detroit Lions. Even though the team had a bye this week, it doesn't absolve either of these guys from their terrible play so far. The Lions are 30th against the pass this year, these two have combined for one interception in 5 games, and the quarterbacks who they've played so far that's lead to this terrible ranking include Josh McCown, Tarvaris Jackson, Brian Griese and Jason Campbell. In other words....they suck.
5. Winston Justice - LT, Philadelphia Eagles. While he hasn't even played in 2 weeks and technically should be off the list, I'd like to point out that the Atlanta Falcons started an undrafted free agent named Renardo Foster at LT last night and you know how many sacks Osi Umenyiora had? ZERO. You know how many he had against Justice? Four (he had six total). Did I mention Justice was a second round pick? Obviously I'm still bitter, and obviously even sitting on the bench this guy still sucks.
Dropped out - Rex Grossman (not playing); the Chiefs offensive line (good win v. the Bengals)
Knocking on the door - Joey Porter (read more here); many members of the Dolphins.
Got suggestions of your own -feel free to leave them in the comments section.