Look deep into the eyes of a douchebag
Finding the worst player in the NFL is easy - just find the 53rd guy on the Miami Dolphins and you're set. Finding the worst player who's actually PLAYING is harder (note to self, in the future stick to easy things, like picking on Greg Robinson). It seems that not only do most of the crappy players I put on this list suck, these over paid losers keep getting injured.
It goes to show you that even though NFL coaches spend all those hours in the office, they are missing some very basic things - for instance, don't injure Alex Smith - he sucks, you WANT him on the field - if you are going to injury someone, injury Tom Brady, and for the love of God, do it soon, because he's going to destroy the Eagles on Sunday.
With that being said, let's get to the list:
1. Shaun Alexander - Running back, Seattle Seahawks. He's still injured, and hasn't played in two weeks, but he still really sucks. For the season he's averaging 3.3 yards per carry and still has few touchdowns than Chargers defensive back Antonio Cromartie.
2. Byron Leftwich - Quarterback, Atlanta Falcons. Remember when this former number one draft pick was considered the cornerstone of the Jaguars franchise? Let me refresh your memory, it was this past summer, right before he got cut. Now, he's getting benched for Joey Harrington, and he played so bad in doing so, that Harrington actually got cheered when he entered the game. I think Joey will be sending Byron a Christmas card this year.
3. Alex Smith - Quarterback, San Francisco 49ers. He too is injured, and seeking a second opinion on his shoulder, meaning most likely that he'll be put on injured reserve and I'll have to find another crappy player to take his place. In addition to appalling stats (48.7 completion percentage, 914 yards, 4 picks and a 57.2 passer rating) he is obviously determined to make my life more difficult, and that pisses me off.
4. Cedric Benson - Running Back, Chicago Bears. People who dispute this will point to his decent week against the Seahawks on Sunday, but I point to the fact that Thomas Jones, the guy that he replaced, had a better week against a better defense (Pittsburgh) so all you Cedric Benson apologists can suck it. AUTHOR'S NOTE: I know there are no Cedric Benson apologists, it just looked funny to add in there. He still sucks.
5. Shawne Merriman - Linebacker, San Diego Chargers. I don't like Shawne Merriman, from the dumb way he spells his name, to the "lights out" dance, to the fact that got busted last year for using steroids, he comes off as a jerk. Lucky for us, you know who else doesn't like Shawne Merriman? Maurice Jones Drew - that's who - check this out: