Another game, another loss, I can't say I'm surprised. Here are a few thoughts running through my head - the other idiots may or may not provide some additional analysis.
* Obviously the offensive line was the main culprit again today, its been almost 3 full seasons of terrible 0-line play, its a disgrace that professional coaches can not solve this problem. One year of bad play I can pin on players - 3 years of bad play, that's on the coaches.
* Cameron Dantley looked very good. The ball came out quick and it had something on it, the kid has a gun and showed a good mastery of the two minute drill. There are some reports A-Rob was dinged up, but at this point, it couldn't hurt to give Dantley the start next week. Robinson has been solid this year, but a week of rest and the ability to watch a game from the sidelines might not be a bad thing. I still think Robinson will continue to develop and has a bright future. For the first time in years, the quarterback position is the least of this program's worries.
* Mike Stenclik looked pretty good out there - the linebackers are improving as a group - then again they couldn't get any worse.
* I wonder how many sacks the defense could have if they ever rushed more than 3 or 4 guys. The passive defensive approach employed by Forrest Robinson is maddening. Arthur Jones in particular is a stud, he's had an outstanding season and played great again today. He'll be playing on Sundays in the not too distant future.
* The running game was a mess - Hogue danced a little too much, but in his defense, there wasn't any room to run out there. Suter got a few looks, but he's a true frosh who's been playing defense all season, it's not fair to expect much from him. Even given all the injuries, you have to be able to gain more than 30 yards on the ground.
* I love Mike Williams, but he still has too many drops - if he ever eliminates those no one will be able to stop him.
* Forrest Robinson's approach to special teams is equally maddening. Never attempting to block a punt or field goal in the college game is simply asinine. Frank Beamer has won more games at Va. Tech with special teams alone than Greg Robinson will ever win at Syracuse.
* Speaking of special teams, I could go out there and fair catch every punt, if Bruce Williams isn't going to attempt to return a punt, get someone back there who will.
* The poor punt coverage was inexcusable and ultimately cost them the game.
* The bottom line is that this game, despite some progress, was another loss and the schedule only gets harder. A 2-10 season is a real possibility. The end of the Greg Robinson era can not come soon enough for me.