There are few things rattling around the sports world today that you should know about, and I need to mock, so let's get right to it:
* Memo to Roy Williams - if the NFL creates a new rule to SPECIFICALLY OUTLAW the way you tackle people, and you continue to tackle people this way - don't act too shocked about the suspension.
* Duke Vitale will be out until at least February, and while I don't share these sentiments, I really liked the picture. Don't worry college basketball fans, you've still got Mike Patrick to shill for the ACC. The world sports world would be a better place with more guys like Jimmy Dykes and Jay Bilas and less guys like Duke Vitale and Billy Douchepacker. Anyway, we don't wish death on Dukie V - get well soon, and retire immediately thereafter.
* A-Rod and Scott Boras have broken up - no word yet on who gets the strippers, but let's hope they settle that amicably - for the sake of the working ladies. As an aside, are there 2 people more universally despised than these two? How did this go so wrong?
* This story has been splashed all over the NY tabloids for a couple of days, a broadcaster that allegedly tried to get in Rich Eisen's pants a while back had a little run in with a female cop in the NYC this weekend, and let's just say, it's not playing out well.
* And finally, it's college football awards season.