So I'm sitting here checking out a few things on the internet and the pre-game activities for the All Star game are dragging out longer than the encore of a Grateful Dead show, so I thought I'd toss out a few observations on what I've seen so far. I made these same observations to my girlfriend, but frankly, she isn't interested.
- If there was a Hall of Fame for world class baseball players who got outrageously obese, a sure-fire first ballot guy is Tony Gwynn. The dude looks like he's got gravy coursing through his veins.
- It's probably just me, but Ryne Sandberg looks a little bit serial killer-ish.
- Sheryl Crow, 1994 called, your voice is there. What a crappy job of doing the national anthem. Not too mention, that's not a song that has a burning need for an acoustic guitar.
- Yankee stadium looks great, I'll be down there Friday night for a game, might be my last trip to the old yard, definitely looking forward to it (I fully realize you don't give a sh*t).
- Big Stein looks like he's seen better days, but they did a nice job of bringing him out in the cart - personally I thought it was tastefully done - and other than stashing him in the owner's box, I'm not sure how else they would have done it.
- If Yogi Berra doesn't make you smile, you're probably a real asshole.
- I'm disappointed in the low volume of boos for Red Sox players, but it just goes to show you that there probably aren't a lot of true hardcore fans there - tickets were going for over $5,000.
- No one will ever rock the fu manchu better than Goose Gossage - and he did not disappoint tonight.
This post in now way indicates we will analyze or further break down the all-star game - it means I was bored tonight.