The Eagles just gave away a victory to the Chicago Bears tonight and I'm so fired up and pissed off, I've got to get this out of my system. A few observations, most of which will be obvious, please indulge me.
* If you watch the replay of the 4th and goal where Buckhalter got stuffed, watch back up tight end Matt Shoebel, he's the jerk off on the left end of the line. He didn't block ANYONE - and I mean NO ONE. The guy lined up over his left shoulder, Alex Brown, broke down the line to stop Correll before he could get in. I mean if this f*cking guy trips over his own feet and gets in Brown's way, Buck scores, because there was just enough of a seam for him to squeeze into, except Brown got to him. Schoebel should be cut - immediately - and then tortured. And after that he should be forced to watch that new Richard Gere movie that's out, and then they should cut his ass again.
* Brian Westbrook should be named the MVP of the league right now - because with him the Eagles easily hang 30 plus points per game on opponents - without him, they are left to settle for missed field goals from David Akers.
* Speaking of which, since the start of 2007, David Akers is 2-9 on field goals of more than 40 yards - including the 2 he missed tonight. Frankly, that's unacceptable. This guy has been getting a free pass for too long, his kick offs aren't great either. It's reasonable to expect your kicker to make more FGs than he misses from more than 40 yards, it's not asking too much.
* Lorenzo Booker should not have a job in the NFL. He can't block anyone, he's too small to break a tackle, and he looks like a deer in the headlights every time he steps on the field. Plus his hands are questionable. So he's got all that going for him, which is nice. Here's what you do - CUT HIM. Sign a fullback, and put Tony Hunt back at his natural tailback position. As a fullback he's useless anyway. Or better yet, trade Booker to the Rams, they're so imcompetent they'd probably give up Torry Holt for him.
* The defense, after sleep walking through the first half, gave the team every chance to win in the second half. Every chance - it was a wasted effort, even if they did make Kyle Orton look like Dan Marino in the first half. In the second half they were fierce, and they deserved better.
* Andy Reid and/or Mary M absolutely had to give McNabb a chance to make a play on goal line and they failed to do so. He's healthy, his legs are stronger than ever and he's been tough to bring down, that 4th and goal play was tailor-made for a quarterback sneak.
* They should have also got Buckhalter more involved in the first half, he's proven himself to be a solid NFL running back -except when an unblocked Alex Brown is draped on him that is.
* Reggie Brown failed to get out of bounds on the last play of the game. It sort of sums up his Eagle career to date. He made a play, but the play wasn't quite good enough.
* DeSean Jackson looked rattled after a quick start. I would have liked to have seen more Hank Baskett in the game plan, I love his hands. Same with Jason Avant.
* The NFC East is an absolute beast, this loss could come back to haunt the birds later in the year, you simply can't give away a game like these. It makes me want to punch something - but I think I'll just go to bed instead, hey, at least tomorrow is Monday, so we've got that to look forward too.......wait a minute.