I'll make this brief since Champ did a great job with his photos and impressions of the Syracuse-Northeastern game and I basically agree with 100% of what Axe said, but I wanted to chime in a few a thoughts of my own.
- If you watched that game, there's no way you can say with a straight face the Syracuse would win Northeastern's conference - a I-AA conference.
- That wasn't even close to being a decisive victory.
- Honestly, that might have been the most boring football game I've ever seen in my life.
- Give Mitch Browning credit for getting the offense back to "almost functional" but I'm not blown away. If Deleone had been the one calling those plays, he would have been crucified. It's time to be aggressive, there's nothing to lose.
- The defense is an embarrassment, but that's to be expected when Greg Robinson is the coordinator.
Greggo's Sunday press conference was a repeat of everything we've heard for the past 4 years - basically him acting delusional and offering up empty promises of future improvement when we know all too well things will only improve once he's gone. He claimed there was a pass rush when there wasn't one (they netted exactly zero sacks), he made a I-AA quarterback sound like John Elway, and claimed the D line is "going to be" a good group. This type of crap is just so exhausting, I can not wait until this guy is gone. Four years of Groundhog Day is too much.
Want an interesting comparison? Browning's assessment of the offense - not good enough. At least someone on staff isn't bullshitting us.