Well, the Penn State game has come and gone, and as Champ said, there's not much analyzing you can do when the match up is bug v. windshield. Greg Robinson is a miserable failure and everything he's touched in Syracuse has turned to crap.
Here are a few observations on the game:
* I know there were some injuries in the secondary , but apparently old Greggo was worried about stopping the Penn State running game, because he refused to go to nickel or dime packages, even when PSU had 3 and 4 receivers on the field.
* The linebackers may be trying hard, but I've never seen a group blow more assignments and end up hopelessly out of place on nearly every play. It's not pretty.
* Anthony Perkins is really developing into a player, he's got a bright future. He and Arthur Jones could sue the rest of the defense for negligence.
* As I said before, it's almost impossible to evaluate the quarterback play with a receiving crew that's so young, but Dantley didn't have a great game. That being said, it doesn't make sense to keep flip flopping QBs, he should start against Northeastern.
* Marcus Sales is off to a nice start. You have to like this kid. Our boy Chaz Cervino did get into the game, but was held without a catch.
* It was nice to see the 2007 running game show up yesterday.
* I used to look forward to college football, hopefully once Greg's gone, the fun will return.
* I honestly wonder if they'll win next week.
* And to the jerk offs that stole our shirts - F$CK YOU.