Before I offer up some incoherent observations from an idiot dumb enough to trek up to the Dome for last night's debacle, let me first serve you up some real news and commentaries:
UConn Beats Up SU (Syracuse.com)
Axe is once again Sorting Through the Rubble
Hookah-mania is runnin' wild brother!
The Daryl Gross Propoganda Machine
An Idiot's observations:
- in four years of "ugliness" this game ranks right up there, we're talking "it's 2AM and I wouldn't even talk to her at last call in a bar after several shots of tequila ugly."
- T3I's Adopted Orangeman Chaz Cervino vaults back into the Heisman Race with a big 3rd down grab
- To all the members of the "Mitch Browning Is Doing a Great Job Club" let me know when your next meeting is, I would love to drink some of your Kool-Aid
- Great use (insert sarcasm here) of Cody Catalina
- UConn fans, they're so precious...from my section they fell into one of two categories: 1) older fans wearing every single piece of Husky merchandise they own, or 2) younger fans wearing bad Red Sox camo hats (true story) ...either ones were as annoying as you'd expect coming from Storz
- A further related UConn fan observation....when you come to the game late and are coming down the aisle to find your seats, WAIT UNTIL THERE IS A STOP IN PLAY. Even though it's a bad brand of football, I'd rather see what's happening on the field than see you fumble to find your tickets and try to figure out which side of the aisle to enter. Football etiquette people.
- Did you know Pat Shadle is an Exercise Science major?
- The UConn band was bigger, louder and more involved than the Cuse in our own house. I'll take emasculation for $100 please Alex.
- Max Suter was everywhere
- I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch a Lifetime Made for TV Movie over tape of the 3rd quarter of this game
- Dome ice cream chipwich....hi old friend, it was nice to see you again.
What People Are Saying:
"We're not functioning, obviously." ~ Greg Robinson
"It sucks." ~ Bruce Williams
"It's been rough these four years that I've been here." ~Curtis Brinkley
"It wasn't our type of game." ~ Nick Santiago
"Can we play Syracuse every week?" ~ Randy Edsall*
* 100% made up