We're pulling a Casey Kasem this week and sending out a long-distance dedication to our good friend The Axeman with this week's Ebay Item of the Week. Axe enjoyed last week's musical trip back to the 1989 Hall of Fame Bowl won by our Syracuse Orangemen.
This week's item let's you relive the 1988 Sugar Bowl. In case you missed it, and you probably did because no one reads this crappy blog, T3I looked back at this game last August.
(Insert Casey Kasem voice here) "And Axe, here's your long distance dedication. The #1 hits of 1988."
Some bonus random thoughts from 1988's music scene:
* Whitney Houston (reality TV train wreck), Michael Jackson (insert punch line here), INXS (dead lead singer)....21 years can really change people
* Expose....better name for a strip club than a musical group
* SportHump favorite Rick Astley....two...yes two #1 hits....Rock and Roll Hall of Fame get on this induction now
* Wow, does that "Father Figure" song by George Michael take on a whole different meaning in 2009
* When does the new Terrence Trent D'Arby album come out?
* Forget waterboarding, we should really be playing that Bobby McFerrin song at Guantanamo
* Guns 'N Roses...thank you for saving that year