From their coverage, we've learned new coach Doug Marrone is who we thought he is - the exact opposite of that failed mess Greg Robinson.
- He holds players accountable.
- Speaks his mind - in a clear and concise fashion.
- He doesn't look at a poor performance and tell you he saw good things. He tells you the truth.
- He has addressed an issue that was evident for the last 4 years. Physically Syracuse looked over matched many times on the field. This off-season he demanded accountability, made sure the players were tested on their conditioning, and you know what - so far it appears it's working, because Delone Carter (below) is selling tickets to the gun show.
- It may not happen overnight, but we've got a sneaking suspicion a new dawn is here for the SU football team.
Photo: Frank Ordonez/The Post-Standard