John Daly and Bob Seger, hide the chicken tenders:
Which leads us to:
What is going on people? Wait, don't answer that, in the world of sports we already know the answer -- not much. So as I sit here, watching the AL win another yet another All-Star game and trying to get the image of Poncho dancing out of my head, let's rant, ramble and create a post with no coherent theme.- It's not a topic worth debating, but having the winner of the All-Star game get home field advantage for the playoffs is flat-out retarded. If you play games, keep score and record standings, the obvious answer should be the team with the better record gets home field advantage. If you are a fan of a good NL team did you really want to rely on a Met to help you try and break the AL's winning streak? I didn't think so.
- Feel free to discuss that below, I am too lazy to actually create a poll.
- As someone that initially hated it, I really enjoy Twitter far too much. Now that I'm in my mid 30s, I'm wondering at what point I'll refuse to adopt any new technology and become an old stubborn idiot. Will I still be clinging to Twitter in 30 years like the NYPD is to typewriters? The answer - maybe.
- Did you know Gary Bettman made $7 million last year? That's the equivalent of giving Governor Paterson a couple million a year. If those guys flipped jobs I don't think anyone would notice.
- The MLB All-Star game was shorter than the HR derby - you're not far behind Bud Selig.
- NFL training camps open in 10 days for some teams. This makes me extremely happy and violently pissed off at the same time, given the fact that its the middle of July and the summer in upstate NY has been worse than Michael Strahan's new sitcom is bound to be. I've turned my central air on three times all year. Thanks for nothing summer - go F yourself.
- It will be interesting to see who has a better rookie season in Syracuse, Doug Marrone or Brandon Triche. I have high hopes for both.
- In order to make sure players are rested and to prepare for a brutal out of conference schedule, Rutgers has built a "recruiting lounge" - it will undoubtedly be filled with Aquanet, Bon Jovi cassettes, and the keys to a used 1987 Camaro IROC.
- There are no sports on Wednesday, but the photo above is courtesy of manofest, enjoy the site.
There has to be a couple thousand cases of beer in that gut:
Here are a few quick fun facts about Bob:
- His pants were once for sale on eBay.
- He broke in with the NY Yankees and actually went 14-4 as a starter in his second year in the bigs.
- He is the all-time saves leader in the history of the Cleveland Indians franchise.
- Mariano Riveria once earned a save on a Wickman victory.
- Chuck Norris isn't the only one with facts, Bob has some too.
- You can get all the latest Wickman news at the Wickman's Warriors web site.
And we'll close with a few video clips on the big man in action. When Bob is about to enter a game, you should be ready for a good time - as the theme music tells us:
And here is Wick signing some autographs:
Are you man enough to fill the pants of Orange center Arinze Onuaku? This week's Ebay Item of the Week gives you that opportunity.
Everyone's favorite - Alex Rodriguez - I really don't like the red hats.
Robinson Cano had another tough day:
Jeter, looking bored. You would be too if the person to your right constantly talks in cliches and leads the league in blank stares.