After each SU game I like to post some observations on what we just witnessed. For the Syracuse's 13-10 victory over Rutgers on Saturday, there are are three, the defense is really good, the offense isn't, and Marcus Sales must suck something fierce in practice because when he gets into games the guy flat-out produces.
So in lieu of delving into the details of a not pretty, but effective win, it's time to give thanks to the man that revived the SU football program. It's time to say thank you to Doug Marrone.
- Thank you for turning this program back into a winner in less than two years. That's beyond amazing.
- Thank you for getting this team bowl eligible for the first time since 2004.
- Thank you for your doing it in a manner that emphasizes honor, integrity and hard work.
- Thank you for hiring Scott Shafer.
- Thank you for finding Ross Krautman.
- Thank you for not making the Greg Schiano ape face.
- Thank you for never losing to Rutgers.
- Thank you for not paying Cam Newton - no one needs that noise.
- Thank you for winning more games in 1.75 years than Greg Robinson did in 4.
- Thank you for not being Mike Locksley.- Thank you for making Syracuse football fun again.
- And thank you in advance for beating dancin' Randy Edsall and his UConn Huskies on Saturday night.