|Whose the man? Stan's the man - that's who|
The teams do not have a lot of shared history or any semblance of a rivalry and with SU headed to the ACC, this isn't going to change. The thing I will personally miss the most about not playing South Florida is the fact that I'll forget to check Voodoo Five - which is a fantastic blog, especially given the fact that I could care less about the teams it covers.
However, even though we won't be seeing much of USF anymore, it's always nice to have a better feel for the upcoming opponent. So, much like we did with Georgetown Coach John Thompson, here are 10 things you might not know* about South Florida Head Coach Stan Heath.
* Because most of them aren't really true.....as far as we know
1. He was born as Stanley Kowalski, a poor black child who changed his name to Heath after becoming infatuated with the candy bar.
2. Stan uses Carnuba wax on both his head and his mustache. He's efficient that way.
3. He would still be the coach at Arkansas if Bill Clinton hadn't found him in bed with one of his former "advisers."
4. Stan is an inspirational figure - so inspirational he's inspired people to create a web site calling for him to be fired.
5. He respects Martell Webster's court awareness.
6. He is a staunch supporter of the Million Mustache March.
7. He died in 2010.
8. Stan's sense of fashion is inspired by Tom Haverford.
9. Skip Holtz secretly wishes he had a name as cool as Stan.
10. He really understands how to save his curtains from destruction....it's all about cat trees people.