There was a fantastic catch in last night's Braves - Cubs game, by a fan in the stands who was also holding a baby. As the father of a super-squirmy 6 month old, to me this feat is more impressive than Paula Deen willingly steaming broccoli. Check it out:
Five things really stand out about the grab:
1) You'll notice is the baby is firmly secured in his right hand, so clearly he's a lefty. I almost always hold my son in my left hand because you need to keep that dominant hand free at all times for bottle making, picking things off the ground, adjusting your balls, etc....
2) He gets excellent extension he gets on the ball, going back up over his head to haul it in without leaving his feet. I'd be willing to bet his suit size ends in an L.
3) I presume that has to be the baby's mother standing next to him (they are all wearing Cubs gear) cheering happily has be brings in the ball. This woman is clearly nuts, if I did that with our kid in my other arm my wife would beat the living crap out me and then stuff the ball down my throat.
4) Raising a kid to be a Cubs fan is clearly child abuse. Someone needs to call child protective services.
5) A nice show of respect from Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons with the clap afterwards.......and yes his name is Andrelton.
So there you have it people. The lesson we learned from this video is pretty simple -- if you're going to catch a ball at a game with your kid in your arm, you better not drop either....and don't raise your kid to be a Cubs fan, that's just mean.